How We Use Personal Information
- Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means Credent Commercial Insurance Limited or Rockholme Broking (UK) Limited.
When we say, “individuals” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect.
- How we use personal information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- to provide general insurance products and services including (but not limited to) quotations, insurance market liaison, policy administration, payments and policyholder claims to fulfil our obligations to our clients
- to administer third party claims and prevent financial crime to meet our legal obligations
- to manage our business and conduct market research to meet the legitimate needs of our business
- to send marketing information about our products and services if we have received specific consent
- To comply with our legal obligations
There is no obligation to provide us with personal information, but we may not be able to provide our products and services without it. Anyone whose personal information we hold has the right to object to us holding or using it. They can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider the request and either stop using their personal information or explain why we are not able to unless we are not able to by law. Further details can be found below.
3. The personal information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information so we can complete the activities in section 2 “How we use personal information”
- basic personal details such as name, age, address and gender
- family, lifestyle and social circumstances, such as marital status, dependants and
- employment type
- financial details such as direct debit or payment card information
- photographs and/or video to help us manage policies and assess claims
- tracking and location information if it is relevant to the insurance policy or claim
- identification checks and background insurance risk details including previous claims information
- medical information if it is relevant to the insurance policy or claim
- criminal convictions if it is relevant to the insurance policy or claim
- accessibility details if we need to make reasonable adjustments to help
- business activities such as goods and services offered.
- historical insurance information such as details of previous claims made or coverage obtained
4. Where we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly from individuals, their representatives or information they have made public or is in the public domain, for example: public registers (including Companies House), websites or media.
From other people or organisations, for example:
- credit referencing and/or fraud prevention agencies and databases
- emergency services, law enforcement agencies, medical and legal practices
- insurance industry registers and databases used to detect and prevent insurance fraud, for example, the Motor Insurance Database (MID), the Motor Insurers Anti-Fraud and Theft Register (MIAFTR) and the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE)
- insurance investigators, third party insurance service providers necessary in order to legitimately execute tasks relating to the performance and administration of insurance contracts
- insurers or service providers
- other involved parties, for example, claimants, witnesses, legal advisors
5. Sharing personal information
We may share personal information with:
- our companies
- credit reference, fraud prevention and other agencies that carry out certain activities on our behalf, for example, the Motor Insurance Database (MID), the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) and marketing agencies if agreed
- our approved suppliers to help deal with claims or provide our benefit services, for example, vehicle repairers, legal advisors and loss adjusters
- other insurers , third party underwriters, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, regulators, law enforcement and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS); and other companies that provide services to us or you, for example, the Employers Liability Tracing Office (ELTO) and the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE)
- prospective buyers in the event that we wish to sell all or part of our business
- Other professional service providers whose services and expertise you have requested we engage or introduce.
6. Transferring personal information outside the UK
We use servers located in the European Union (EU) to store personal information where it is protected by laws equivalent to those in the UK. These servers are provided by SSP Limited & SSP Group PLC.
Some of our suppliers may have servers outside the EU. Our contracts with these suppliers require them to provide equivalent levels of protection for personal information.
- How long we keep personal information
We keep information only for as long as we need it to provide our services, manage our business or as required by law or contract.
8. Individuals’ Rights
Any individual whose personal information we hold has the right to:
- object to us processing or storing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to (the right to object) where we are able to by law.
- ask for a copy of their personal information we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject access request)
- ask us to update or correct personal information to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
- ask us to delete their personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
- ask us to restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
- ask for a copy of their personal information, so it can be used for their own purposes (the right to data portability)
- complain if they feel their personal information has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance but they are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
- ask us, at any time, to stop processing their personal information, if the processing is based only on individual consent (the right to withdraw consent)
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Address: Data Protection Officer, Credent Commercial Insurance, Suite 3, Penrhos Manor, Oak Drive, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, LL29 7YW
Phone: 01492 524791
9. Changes to our Fair Processing Notice
Occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to this fair processing notice. When that happens we will provide an updated version at the earliest opportunity. The most recent version will always be available on our website www.credentinsurance.co.uk
10. Consent for Special Categories of Personal Data
Credent Commercial Insurance Limited & Rockholme Broking (UK) Ltd may need to collect and process data relating to individuals which falls within the special categories of personal data under Data Protection Legislation, for example, medical history or convictions of Insured Persons for the purpose of evaluating the risk and/or administering claims which may occur.
We must ensure that you have explicit verbal or written consent from individuals to receive, store and process such information being by us and that this fact is made known them.
Examples of Insured Persons could be:
- Named Drivers on your Motor Insurance Policy
- Additional Interests noted on your Home or Property Owners Policy
- Employees or Sub Contractors employed by your business
By using (or seeking to use) our services will be deemed to have specifically consented to the use ofthe Personal Data in this way and for these purposes and that your directors, officers, partners, and employees have consented to Credent Commercial Insurance Limited & Rockholme Broking (UK) Ltd using their details in this way.
Credent Commercial Insurance Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with Company No. 05083057. Registered Office address: 13 Trinity Square, Llandudno, LL30 2RB. Trading Address: Suite 3 Penrhos Manor, Oak Drive, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, LL29 7YW. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 304700).